Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

When l turn my Panasonic on today l get for about 5 seconds

Customer Question
When l turn my Panasonic...
When l turn my Panasonic on today l get green for about 5 seconds then goes to red
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: The model is TX47AS800E
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Approx 5 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only this morning l have unplugged and Replugged
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Last night it disconnected itself as my husband fell asleep watching the Tv
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2016
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ready
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know what to do

Sorry did not realize you were in spain hence that odd model number

Was going to ask you to check it again as i have absolutely no info on this model .

Will opt out and repost your question

Before i do opt out , try this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Did it fail while watching or just would not turn on today ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just did not turn on today the reset did not work

O.k then i did not really expect that to work but it had to be tried and it sometimes does work .

Any power outage or storm prior to this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

When you try to turn it on , are you using the remote ?

In other words it still responds to the remote control ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No response to either remote or at the TV

You said the light turns green then red when you try to turn it on , that is a RESPONSE , does it do that with the remote as well as with the tv buttons ?

I know it doesn`t turn on but something is happening when you try to turn it on , namely that light that turns green

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No response on the remote at all just on the TV it goes green for a second then red

O.k then this does not look good for the main board

How old is this tv now ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Approx 5 years

Can you give me a few minutes on this ?

Thanks for waiting

Was looking for possible part suppliers on ebay spain which is usually the best place for a tv that age and no parts or main board anywhere for this tv .

It is possible that some local repairman may be able to get it directly from Panasonic but it wont be cheap ( around here some $300) and this tv is 5 years old .

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician