John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My samsung er-290 cash register has a continuous alarm that

Customer Question

My samsung er-290 cash register has a continuous alarm that I can not turn off? How do I fix
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Unplug the cash register in question, from the power.

Leave unplugged from power for at least 20 minutes or several hours perhaps. Or longer.

Then try it again. Also try turning the manager key to the RST position for at least 15 seconds, then back to REG position again.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its been unplugged. Then re-plugged in bot pgm position and the C position. Alarm still will not turn off.

How old is the register? how well has it been treated (poor treatment includes odd or bad conditions e.g. humidity, moisture, and cold or heat... and storage for a while of almost any kind...) ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its been used 1 or 2 days a week in a liquor store, over 10 years old. Its a back up register used when we are busy

OK. It may be 'broken', given the signs it is producing, and all efforts so far to get it to work again, and given its age and usage.

That means it will need either service-repairing, or replacing. The choice is yours, of course.

Let me know if I can look up local Samsung register repair service co.s, or get you other information helpful to this unfortunate case.