John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Panasonic cordless phone that needs repair (1

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic cordless phone that needs repair (1 handset only) but all I seem to be able to find in Calgary is cellphone repair places. Where can I get the cordless handset repaired?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Certainly not under warranty any longer.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing tried. Connects to phone numbers but seconds later the screen goes blank and of course the call is dropped.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

NOTE WELL: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model KX-TG1061C
2 cordless handsets
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask:

1) Does the second cordless handset still work well?

2) Have the batteries in the non-working handset EVER been replaced - since new? If so, WHEN was the last time the batteries were replaced?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I don't want to talk on the phone. In fact, I'd like to say that thus far I'm dissatisfied with the service and wish to cancel not only this session ($5 I believe) and also the longer term subscription that I inadvertently said yes to. In answer to your question above....I believe one or both of the handset rechargeable batteries were replaced a year or so ago.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

As mentioned earlier: NOTE WELL: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.

Further:

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Once you have all that straighten out and IF you wish to continue with this service, post another note back here and let me know what you want to do (continue or not).

NOTE: This is a PAID service, so if this is NOT what you are looking for, please say so.

Thanks