Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I am reading a previous question about removing a CD stuck

Customer Question
in a Bose Wave (single...
I am reading a previous question about removing a CD stuck in a Bose Wave (single CD).
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Bose Wave, approx 6 years old. The stuck CD has a stick-on paper lable.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been stuck for approx one month. I will try unplugging the radio for an hour then turning it on while holding the eject button
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 12 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If holding the Eject button whilst turning the Wave on does not help to force-eject the disc, then perhaps the stick-on label has curled up inside the machine and is preventing the disc from ejecting.

In this case, you will need to try either carefully fishing the disc out using a piece of wire, or disassembling the Wave to remove the disc.

If you are unable to do this yourself, then your local Bose dealer or a local electronics repair shop can assist.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I notice your rating for my service has not gone through...
Do you need any further assistance?

Pete, Electronic Engineer