Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I am a sport scientist with U.S. Ski and Snowboard

Customer Question

I am a sport scientist with U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association. I want to build a system using marine radar to track skiers on competitive ski runs. I explored this with FLIR and Liteye, and they were interested but later lost interest citing - too busy. We were discussing a trial at Copper Mountain in Colorado when they lost interest. They both thought it could work.
The system would need a narrow horizontal sweep (few degrees). I hope an update rate of 20hz or higher. We currently use a "valley cam" which is video with a long lens from another mountain facing the course (distance 0.5 to 2.0 miles). Sadly, it is poor and our Olympic athletes need to know where the fastest lines are. We've tried GPS but we need about 20Hz updates minimum. I'd like to be able to obtain and plot position and speed for all athletes to gain an advantage in competition.
Would you like to help our Olympic athletes in Korea 2018? We could really use it.
Thanks,
William A Sands, PhD
US Ski and Snowboard Association
1 Victory Lane
Park City, UT 84060 (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Sorry to keep you waiting, this is a very unique question. I'd love to help, or at least guide you in the right direction. Can you tell me what the end result will be? Are you creating an interactive real-time map to follow athletes in real time with GPS?