John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a kiddie smoke alarm and when I push the button to

Customer Question

I have a kiddie smoke alarm and when I push the button to check if it is working I a voice message saying warning, fire, fire and then when I press the button again I get message saying warning carbon monoxide. Is this just letting me know that the alarm is working, or is it mean there is a problem?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Kiddie Smoke/CO Alarm.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just had the pilot light of my furnace turned on and lit and decided to check the alarm to make sure that it is working.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible to talk to some one on my phone, I'm not good with computer messages? MY phone # is(###) ###-####
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the full model name of your Kidde Smoke Alarm?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
S1816 signaling UL Listed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Call me(###) ###-####

I am sorry, I am not able to make calls out. I will opt out and allow another to help you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
since you can't call me right now. Please answer my question. When I press the alarm button to check if it is working I get an alarm message saying fire, fire, and when I press the button again I get a message saying warning carbon monoxide. Are these messages just letting me know that the alarm is working correctly or is there a problem ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Since I can't get an answer now and it could be dangerous for me. Your service is useless to me to have to wait for 24 hours, Since I need an answer right now for the safety of my family and you won't respond. Please cancel my membership immediately. And I fully expect that I will not be charged any fees. Contact me immediately if I need to do anything else to insure
that I am not charged anything for your non service!