Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I HAVE A SENTRY SAFE MODEL 1230 - CAN'T OPEN SAFE- CAN'T

Customer Question
FIND SERIAL # IF ANY--SAFE...
I HAVE A SENTRY SAFE MODEL 1230 - CAN'T OPEN SAFE- CAN'T FIND SERIAL # IF ANY--SAFE IS 20 YEARS OLD OR MORE- THERE MUST BE A STANDARD # TO OPEN. -SAFE WAS NOT EXPENSIVE- CAN YOU HELP
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: THIS INFO I JUST GAVE YOU.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE OTHER THAN EXPLOSIVES
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: SAFE IS OVER 20 YEARS OLD- LOST DOCUMENTATION
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/21/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What happens when you enter the code? or do you have no code?

There is no 'standard' number, but your safe has a number for sure. It's just that it isn't the same number among all safes.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.