Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

WASHBURN;7815454659; I RECEBTKY BOUGHT THE bASIC pACKAGE. tO

Customer Question
hI, mY NAME IS *****...
hI, mY NAME IS ***** *****;7815454659; I RECEBTKY BOUGHT THE bASIC pACKAGE. tO NIGHT I hit the Westinghouse clicker by mistake and I CANNOT get any of the basic package back on; They sent me a new signal but nothing happened. HELP, I have no TV except the 1-2 channels I had before and your clicker does nothing to the set. Thanks
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Westinghouse; SK-26H590D
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just within last 1/2 hour, when I inadvertently used the old Westinghoue clicker. Now all I can do with Comcast clicker is volume and on/off. A new signal was sent 5 minutes ago....
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know much else tech-wise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Hello Catherine,

Look on the westinghouse remote, at the top you have a series of buttons that say TV, DVD, VIDEO, HDMI, etc.

You'll need to press one of those, depending on where the cable box is connected, to get back to the proper input.

If your cable box is connected with a coax (round screw on cable) you need to be on TV mode and the TV set to channel 3 or 4.

If the comcast box is connected with hdmi, press hdmi, or if red/white/yellow press video, and so on.
Once you get back to the proper input, then you can use the comcast remote to change channels from there.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer