John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I just bought a Garmin forerunner 235. I accidentally picked

Customer Question

I just bought a Garmin forerunner 235. I accidentally picked something other than English for the menu setting on start up. I cannot figure out how to reset to English. Help!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem can be set to rights with a little effort.

Tell me: what word, or words, do you see on the screen of the Forerunner at this time?

If you don't know them just spell them out for me please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please re-read my question. I set the default language incorrectly on initial start up. I'm not sure what language is showing up, but I can't read the menu. I need to do a factory reset so it asks me again what Language I want as the default.

If you would prefer to proceed to a total reset, rather than just figuring out the way through the menu (I know several languages well enough that I could help you do so), I'm willing to advise you toward that end.

Let me look up the Forerunner's factory settings reset procedure, and I will get back to you with an account of how to do it.

It turns out we will have to proceed the way I indiacated, regrettably: there is no way to do a Master Reset without using the devices menus.

So please tell me, just spell out one or two words, that the screen shows at present.

And I will direct you as to exactly how to proceed.