How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rusty Your Own Question
Rusty, Customer Service
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 5897
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Rusty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was using the keypad on my FT-530 to change some functions

Customer Question

I was using the keypad on my FT-530 to change some functions after having replaced the Lithium battery and found the "FM" key function had reversed. Hello John.Now pressing the FM key allows entry of numbers into the VFO or the frequency of a memory and pressing a key without pressing FM first enters the sub function for the key pressed. How do I fix this.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Yaesu FT-530
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just this morning. I tried doing various keypad functions and reading the manual for a way to reverse this but found no help. Haven't done any thing to reset yet because I have a lot of setup in it now.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think thats enough to get started. Page didn't load
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Sometimes we don't have an expert for certain devices. In that case, you will get a full refund. Do you still need help with this? I'll continue searching if you haven't already found the answer.