Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My phone says I have a new voice mail but there is no

Customer Question
message The light keeps blinking...
My phone says I have a new voice mail but there is no message The light keeps blinking as if there is a message. I can't get the message off the .phone so it will not say that theere is a new message
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: It is a Panasonic I don't know the year. Model #-KX-TG6641
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started the other day. I was on the phone when a call came in and I let it go to voice mail. Ever since then it has been messed up. I myself have tried every thing under the sun to get it off. I had a friend today try also and no success.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not know what else they may need
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/17/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is:

a) Pick up any cordless handset and press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button.

b) QUICKLY listen for the dial tone.

c) Let me know if you hear ANYTHING before the CLEAR dial tone, such as any "beeps" or "Pulsed" dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where does it say call me so I can click on it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cox is my service provider

Hi again,

I see your phone call request but I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. But another expert MAY respond to your request at any time.

If you can, can you response to my initial question HERE - in this form?

I will post those questions again - below.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

b) QUICKLY listen for the dial tone.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My cell phone says unable to establish wireless data connection. I guess I don't have the internet on my cell.

???

When I asked you to TEST - that is using one of the CORDLESS HANDSETS from the Panasonic system.

So a cell phone is not needed to do this TEST.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there? I pressed speaker and you get three beeps or pulses

I'm still here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please call me. . My cell says Error code network busy. I need a human voice.

OK - those BEEPS or Pulsed dial tones are coming from the SERVICE PROVIDER - and they are a "signal" to the phone (and anyone that hears them) that there is either a NEW Voice Mail message waiting OR the Voice Mail system needs some "attention" (like needs to be set up).

NOTE: This "Voicemail system" - which is a FEATURE/SERVICE of the service provider - is DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from the "Answering system" that is built-into the Panasonic system.

So what you will need to do is ACCESS the service provider's voicemail system - to CHECK to see if there are any NEW (possibly important) messages there, or some other issue is going on with that system.

Do you have the steps from the service provider to ACCESS their Voicemail system?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know how to text

Hi again,

I tried to accept your call request, but see there was a "payment failure". This usually means that a security hold (from your bank) needs to be cleared.

But we CAN continue here, on this form by typing back and forth.

Does you see my last note about WHY the "new voice mail" message is appearing - and how to clear it?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on Just Answer.com I do not know how to get the messages on my cell. Having major issues.

You should have the message on your screen - where we are chatting now.

Please try to SCROLL UP to see previous messages.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am unable to get the messages on the cell phone.

Are you typing to me on your cell phone OR some other system?

If some other system, tell me what system that is (computer, tablet, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know how to text. My phone says Tap here and I don't know how to reply. Why can't you call?

I think you DID the TEST - and told me you heard the BEEPS or PULSES.

So can you tell me if you are using a COMPUTER to type back to me?

I TRIED to accept your call request, but got a payment failure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am ending this because I can't get any messages off my cell. I need a human voice to help me with the other phone. Texting does not help me out. I can't retrieve the messages.

OK - might I suggest you turn OFF the cell phone, and respond ONLY to the messages HERE?

Let me know as I will be signing off in about 15 minutes.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found your responses in my email. I tried to update the payment but was unsuccessful. A very frustrating night!

Yes, there should be a link BACK TO THIS PAGE - in every email that came from this conversation.

Let me post my "WHY" post again for you below.

=====================

=====================

Since you have COX as your service provider, let me give you a link to how to contact their support folks - for your area. NOTE: The Technical Support folks should be available 24 hours a day.

Use the following link to find the Cox Customer Support number for your local area.
You should see a "Select a Location" at the top right of that page.

http://www.cox.com/residential/support/contact-us.cox

Please let me know if you have or can get the instructions on how to access the Voicemail system - and can listen to any messages that might be there AND stop the beeps (which will stop the "new voicemail" messages on the Panasonic system.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer