Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Sharp Cash Register Model XE-A101 Shows "P" - won't shut off

Customer Question
Sharp Cash Register Model XE-A101 Shows...
Sharp Cash Register Model XE-A101
Shows "P" - won't shut off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/14/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

It appears you have set the register to program mode. Turn the key back to Z/PGM, then press SUBTOTAL (you might have to press it twice).
It may print a list. This is normal. Then turn back to reg mode, and it should now function

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pushed to Z/PGM and dub total button but still continuing to just display P and keeps printing

Remove the power to the register, wait 10 minutes, then connect the power and tell me what then happens please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Waited 10 min
Still same results
Just keeps displaying p and printing
Now what

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the register to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service