Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a key type rather than dial A3810 safe. I know the

Customer Question

I have a key type rather than dial A3810 safe. I know the combination but the battery seems dead. What now?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's at least 10 years old (make/mode)? Have no idea
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Didn't try anything except to key in pass numbers. Low battery indicator lit up once - then nothing. Why? The safe was in a storage locker for 5 months while our new condo was being renovated
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else from this end. I basically need to know how to get to the battery to change it. And if this change will affect my combination
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Look at the area just below the bottom left corner of the keypad. You should see a small hold there, press in with a pin or paperclip and then you can slide the cover over to the right, accessing the 4 AA batteries inside to change them. Your codes should not be affected.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.