Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a project that needs an instant on. I am using a car

Customer Question

I have a project that needs an instant on. I am using a car stereo with a flash drive that has the sound I want. But when I shut down without a battery back up the memory goes away and I have to set it to USB and set the volume. I need something that will come on, use the info on the flash drive, and start working without having to reset things.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's new, a "Dual" car stereo from Walmart.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has 2 power wires one to the ignition and one to the battery, the battery is to keep memory. If I try to run both to the ignition it looses memory and I have to reset.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is for a project that needs to be able to shut down and come on without loosing memory. I don't need any info source but the flash drive and enough power to run a speaker like a car stereo 20watts or so.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Check the fuse in the wire that goes to the battery. There isn't continuity, so that's why you're losing memory. Be thorough, it is definitely fused somewhere.