Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How do I change my phone back an hour because Standard time

Customer Question
is now in effect JA: How...
how do I change my phone back an hour because Standard time is now in effect
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I don't know model KX-TG263
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have never had to change the time before.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just what to do to go back an hour on the time
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/8/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

The problem here is that the phone company has an incorrect time setting on their end, which is being automatically broadcast as a time signal along with the caller id information, causing the phone to constantly be out of sync.

To correct this, you'll need to disable the auto time set (manual mode), set the time once more, and then the setting should stick.

Grab a handset and key in Menu # 2260 (Or Menu#226, up/down to MANUAL)

Save
Off

Then, Menu#101 to re-enter the date and time.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer