Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

For some reason my kindle hasn't accepted a charge lately.

Customer Question

HI---for some reason my kindle hasn't accepted a charge lately. The Kindle manual suggested I call 1-***-***-**** (Network Help). The tech at this number suggested that I plug the Kindle into my I-Mac. When I did he said I had been hacked by someone in Russia and that I'd need to pay them $700,00 to get it straightened out and prevent it from happening again for 5 years. He also said Im may still have to buy a new Kindle.
Just wondered if this sounded kosher to you and weather or no0t you felt this was the best course to follow.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello Ron,

first, that number you called may have been misdialed, but it is a scam. Do not speak to those people again or answer if they call you. Never go onto your computer or a website at the prompting of someone on the phone, it is virtually always a scam and someone trying to con you out of money.

Regarding the kindle,

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.