Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Sansui G 6700 receiver that has no power. Is it

Customer Question
I have a Sansui G...
I have a Sansui G 6700 receiver that has no power. Is it worth it to fix it, or take it to the recycle center?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: IG-6700 Sansei Probably 1980?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Sorry.... Sansui G-6700
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I am wondering what to do with it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/5/2016
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, is the Sansui completely / electrically dead?

And are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is completely electrically dead. I am not able to repair it myself.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** not to pay the extra money to talk. Thinking I should take it in to the recycle center.

I understand and no prob.

If repairs considered, there would be several fuses inside that can cause the Sansui to be electrically / completely dead.

On the otherhand, the Sansui G-6700 may be worth 'a lot' to the right people.

Please click HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks so much!

Great!

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating at the top of your page.

Louie, Technician