Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a panasonic bath exhuast fan, model FV-05-11VKS1-

Customer Question

I have a panasonic bath exhuast fan, model FV-05-11VKS1- that won't turn off. I replaced the motion sensor, part FV-MSVK-1, doesn't turn off still. I reajusted the timer, and I removed the timer from the fan and it still dosen't what to turn off. help!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic FV-05-IIVKS1. It had a serial# ***** I don't know how old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I replaced the motion sensor part FVMSVK1 and ajusted the timer at different intervals
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all that I know. thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, it would appear to be an internal hardware issue. If so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?

The only preliminary test that can be done would be to check and ensure that the red wires in the junction box are not shorted or the hi/low or on/off switch these wires connect to have not failed.