Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Did the issue with the Baldwin piano ever get resovled? mine

Customer Question

did the issue with the Baldwin piano ever get resovled? mine is doing the same thing. I get all pixels on my display as I boot , no welcome message, and the only lights are GENERAL piano preset on left, and no sound
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Baldwin pianovelle rp200
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ive tried the reboot procedure and had the typical Acid leak which I took it to a music store (Sound board) and had it cleaned. Tech said it tested ok, but Ive attempted to reload Firmware and get timeout Sync error. so no communication is taking place between piano and PC
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the Grand Piano reset does not give me any display messages
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
all fuses appear visibly intact...ive pulled the fuses procedure (three of the four) and powered on and off then reset them... No change. is there another reset procedure to get into the submenu and clear it out? ive held down the Rec button to attempt the software reload and I get no data within time allowed or when I click "GO" on the fblaster menu,
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

How did the music store tech test the board? It will need to be tested in another piano to ensure it is fully functional after the acid leak.

Or you could try fitting a replacement board in your own piano and check if that resolves the problem.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The issue with the board may be the issue, but my question was what is the reset sequence for this instrument?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you have no input on this matter, I will request a refund, respectfully.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

To do a system reset, turn the piano on whilst pressing down the "General" button.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, did my answer work?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No...I already requested a refund.but I still keep getting a charge. Pleaserefund me and cancel
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Sorry to hear that. What part of the answer did not work, please?

I am a user of this site, just like you. For refunds, please contact customer services.