Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How and where do you replace the batteries for sentry fire

Customer Question
safe S3877? JA: What's the make/model...
how and where do you replace the batteries for sentry fire safe S3877?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a S3877. Sorry but do not know the age
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started today. Do not know what method of troubleshooting to use. Thank you
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not believe so. It seems it is the batteries, but cannot access where to change them. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/28/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

How do you change the battery in a Sentry safe?

• Remove lock out screw indicated by the yellow tag on the inside of the door of the safe. Enlarge.
  • Remove battery compartment from inside the door. ...
  • Insert 4 AAA alkaline batteries. ...
  • Touch keypad to wake up the unit. ...
  • Enter the 5 digit factory code found on the back of your owner's manual. ...
  • Turn the handle to open safe.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot open the safe door thus cannot access the lock out screw

You don't need fresh batteries to open the door of the safe. You use the key to open it and then replace the batteries. Are you saying you don't have the key?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I apparently do not have the key. Acquired safe some time ago.

Okay, and sorry to hear that. The key is the only workaround when the batteries have died unfortunately and this is how Sentry designed the safe to operate. I would suggest trying to contact Sentry directly to see if there are any options to obtain a key to open the safe (click on "Need a Key"):

http://www.sentrysafe.com/

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Technician