Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

How much does it cost to have my question answered? So I

Customer Question

How much does it cost to have my question answered?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: So I have to pay $5 to find out what the price is?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: We have a customer for whom we installed AV equipment. During the installation a bad circuit connection caused 6 transmitters and 6 receivers to blow. The customer says they have resolved the electrical issue but we are somewhat skeptical and don't want to re-install the equipment until we are sure that the electrical circuit is not still an issue. What is the best way to ensure this? Is requiring the customer to install some kind of line conditioner on the circuit be reasonable, and how would it be done. Is there a recommendation for such a device?
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: The AV installation is new and no - we have not consulted an electrician
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No - we just need to know what can or should be done and advise our customer accordingly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Since something did that much damage, it needs to be thoroughly checked with electrical test equipment. This isn't something I can walk you through, you will need an on-site electrician for this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Alright
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

I wouldn't want anybody to get hurt, there is so much that can go wrong, even death.