Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Having trouble with mi, put universal remote on my insignia

Customer Question
Having trouble with mi JA: What's...
Having trouble with mi
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: put universal remote on my insignia tv. Trying to get off atv 1. Back to hdmi. Will not let me move o
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just today after I tried putting on universal remote
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/27/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, What's the model number off of the back of the Insignia set please and also are you using the original remote to try and change the Source?

I'm unsure why you're posting duplicate questions, but you will need to reply back here to proceed.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

It looks like you may be having some trouble with the site. I had replied to your other question not realizing it was a duplicate. That is now closed, and we're happy to help but do need you to reply here on this page, on your original question, to do so.

If it would be easier for you we can talk by phone as well.

To get started, I need the model number of your tv, and to know what remote you are using.

As a first step, can you please tell me if you're able to change to hdmi by using the input button on the side of the tv itself?

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm going to figure it out for myself

Thanks, ***** ***** need more help feel free to get back in touch.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.