Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My Insignia TV model MFD16C11X is no longer showing it is on

Customer Question
stand by and will not...
My Insignia TV model MFD16C11X is no longer showing it is on stand by and will not respond to the control how do I open it and get in to amend the problem?
JA: I'm trying to find the right Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: O.K. thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Only about 8 monthxs old The only number for the model I have is the one I gave you
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just this morning. The red light which signifies the TV is on stand b y is no loger lit. I simply cannot find anywhere that I can open an access door to fix the problem
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/25/2016
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack a Canadian fellow and I will be helping you today

First , no matter what you do ,do not open the tv , it is still under warranty and that would void it

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

The last question was to determine what may have gone wrong but in any case what you described has nothing to do with some sort of reset and you should be contacting your local bestbuy where you bought it for service

These tv`s are made exclusively for bestbuy and the geek squad does the service on them

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician