Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I bough a small safe at a yard sale recently. It had two

Customer Question
keys with it but in...
I bough a small safe at a yard sale recently. It had two keys with it but in order to open it I also need a combination. How do I go about getting it ? The keys have numbers on them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Hello Sylbia,

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here: http://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand what I'm supposed to do The family I bought the safe from lives in my neighborhood and the person who owned it has passed away and they were selling the safe. I'm 64years old and don't understand how to do all this technical stuff. I don't want to put more money than I could buy the safe for new. I'm already at $50.00. I don't know the price of the safe.

There is really nothing "technical" to do here, and the price of the safe does not matter.

You purchased the safe from them, at this point you are the legal owner if you paid for it.

All you have to do is click on the link for the form, here: http://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

Fill that form out, and mail it in. Sentry will mail you back the combination.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer