John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a 2003 model 730 clock radio, ser. 00393-003928. The

Customer Question

I have a 2003 model 730 clock radio, ser. 00393-003928. The alarm presets are for 6:00 and 5:30am. The alarm is rarely used but this week it been going off at about 12:58 AM and stopping at 1:00 AM. The volume is much lower than the normal sound.
Is there any practical way to stop this short of the trash can?
Ken Depperman
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That does sound as if you have a clock-radio-alarm that has become defective with age - since it is 13 years old.

When its alarm goes off near 1 a.m., does it respond to being reset with either the Alarm 1 button or the Alarm 2 button ? or does it simply sound irrespective of controls until 1 a.m. ?