Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I accidently dropped my bose remote control in water, now

Customer Question

I accidently dropped my bose remote control in water, now only part of the buttons respond. I opened it up and dried it out but no change. the volume works as well as the channel button but the guide button and dvr button don't respond.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a AV 130 (at least that is what is says on the bottom of the console) and we've had it less than 4 months
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It happened about an hour ago, I've opened up the remote and blew air on all the parts. That's about it.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I can't think of anything
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately physical damage occurs in cases like this from water intrusion. This results in internal electrical shorts that cause permanent damage to the circuitry, which drying cannot fix as the damage is already done. These cannot be feasibly repaired, and this type of damage is not covered under warranty. Your best option at this point is to replace the remote, you may order a new one here: http://amzn.to/2eGmyD7

As an alternative, which will actually work better and cost less, is a high quality programmable remote such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.