Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My pioneer xs1300 hasn't been turned on for years and now

Customer Question
when I turn it on...
My pioneer xs1300 hasn't been turned on for years and now when I turn it on the speaker relay dosnt engage
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: early 1980's and I think 40 watts rms per channel
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just pulled it out of Moth Balls sort of All I have done is open it (it need cleaned inside its dusty ) and I took the bottom off and looked for cold solder joints . If I play withit the relay has kicked on from time to time ver intermittent
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Pioneer.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.