Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

I have a #650 three years old, can I reprogram it?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..how are you trying to program the 650? Through the desktop app or online?

Let me know.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
on line at the harmony site, I have tried to reprogram my controller with no good results. I have a new uverse box, cisco(###) ###-#### the old box was direct tv. I have reloaded the app several times but the controls for the new box don't respond.

Ok, so have you told the Harmony online site the make and model of the new box i.e. Cisco(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did and the box shows up in my online menu, but not on the controller. in stead of the Cisco box , watch a movie comes up and I haven't found a way to delete this command. that's why I thought a factory reset might help. I tried resetting, reloading the apps, no luck. I still have to use the separate Samsung controller to turn on tv and I have to change the input manually.

When you configure the online app, are you then syncing with the actual remote? Does the remote receive the new instructions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it says that the sync is complete, but it still wont control the box or change the HDinput. I have an Apple streaming box , that shows up as Watch apple tv on HD2, the box does't turn off, it flashes until I use the Samsung control to change HD. my controller was working until I tried to change from direct tv to cisco

Ok, on the remote, if you click DEVICES, what devices are on your remote?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Samsung un65fh6001f, apple tv, lg dvr lgv1944

Ok, so no cable box?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry it is Cisco 7500

Ok but does the Cisci 7500 appear as a device on your Harmony 650?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no the command "watch a movie" comes up and try as I might I cannot change it or get rid of it. the Cisco command never comes up on the 650

If the Cisco is not a device in the remote, then you are not going to be able to control it.

I would suggest you download the desktop software. It is much better than the online version.

Download it here to your PC and run it. : https://setup.myharmony.com/#600-series

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
already did that several times still no Cisco on the device, only "watch a movie"

So you have used the desktop software? You told me you used the online software??

It's important that I understand the situation fully.

Have you used the standalone Logitech Desktop Software to program your 650?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried both apps neither work on my controller. I tried everything that was suggested. that's why I chose your service, I thought maybe you could find something I missed. I cannot get the controller to find the Cisco box and make it HD2 MY REGULAR TV is HD1 which shows on the device. I tried the end to end copy with no better results yet it says on the computer screen that the transfer was successful

Ok, on the software, have you created an Activity called "Watch TV" that includes the Cisco Box?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no

Hi again. I am sorry -I was off yesterday.

It sounds like you need to do two things. Add the Cisco as a device, and add the activity to watch TV."

Do you need help with that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did but I still have to use two controllers. when I try to use my harmony to turn on the cisco device it turns on the apple and I have to juggle between the uverse and the harmony.

No, you can't have done it. The 650 is a universal remote and for it to work, it has to have your devices programmed into it and then activities have to be set up.

You have told me that the Cisco box is not a device in the remote. That is why it is not controlling the Cisco box.

You need to add the Cisco box as a device, and add the box to an activity using the software and then upload that to the remote.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the cisco device is now on the menu but it doesn't turn on the box or let me change anything. the help button keeps asking if Cisco is HD1, it is not , it was set up as HD2, I have no idea how to adjust it. these settings worked before I got the new uverse(cisco)

Ok, click on Devices. Then select the box. Then press the Guide or Menu buttons. Anything?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the Cisco box and the apple box both show up but they do not open up the right devices I have to use two controllers and change the input manually.

I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other Logitech experts to chime in.

I'm sorry but I am not able to assist at this time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
me too thanks for your time