Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just switched from Medicome to Dish and now I can get the

Customer Question

I just switched from Medicome to Dish and now I can get the DVD player to go on Suzanne
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: NSWBRDVD2
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i CALLED Dish and they said it was not their problem but yours. It stared about two weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: here are some other numbers off the machine 10L2906443 December 2010
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Please get me the model number off of the back of your TV.

Also check the back of the DVD and the TV and see if there are still cables connected between them.

Additionally, do you still have the original TV remote nearby?

Please postback with specifics so we can solve this.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The DVD and TV are connected
I have the original remote that is a universal remote
I can't get the number off the TV it is mounted to the wall it is a Dynex
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is your answer
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I am unavailable by phone.

Specifically, that Blu Ray player should be connected to ONE of the TV's HDMI ports - can you confirm?

Then, what needs to be done is the TV's INPUT/SOURCE needs to be set to the CORRECT HDMI port.

Let me know if you are confused as to how to do those steps please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not getting a written or phone answer.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I am unavailable by phone.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am stil with you but I would rather do this over the phone
The ports are all set right. I will turn on the TV and tell you want it says
Give me a minute.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Your phone call option is posted, if someone else is available they will take it, but again I am not available by phone.

I'm assuming by ports, you mean that there is an HDMI cable connected to both correct?

If so, then use the Dynex remote and change the TV's Input to the HDMI port you are using (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, respectively).

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Make sure the Blu Ray player is turned ON before selecting the HDMI Input - or else nothing will show on the screen.

If you have it turned ON, with the correct HDMI port select and there is STILL no picture, then you have either a faulty HDMI cable, or would want to attempt to reboot everything by shutting the TV off, unplugging both the TV and the BR player and then checking the HDMI cable is connected tight on both ends. Then plug everything back in and turn it all on.

Let me know if you are stuck.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, this is what it says
Your BD player does not seem to have a properly configured intake connection which allows features such as BD-live,. netflicks and software update notifications
Red button to configure the network connections.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, that means your TV is displaying the DVD just fine and the issue is with the Blu Ray player itself. You need to FIRST try to unplug the player from power for 10 seconds and plug it back in as a reboot. Then turn it on and see if you can use it. If this does NOT work, then I need to know how OLD the player is please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I unpluged the DVD player for more than 10 seconds and it say it was bought in December 2010
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

So you're unable to get the player's remote to respond in any way (Play/Pause a disc, or get that message off your screen)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Right
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It won't even open the door to put the DVD in
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

That means the DVD player has failed, and requires repairs/replacement - this isn't anything to do with the wiring to it, or the settings on the TV, etc. This is a common issue with these Insignia players and offhand 6 years is on the high side of life expectancy for them. Insignia had issues with software updates rendering this machine useless - and there is no quick fix for it unfortunately. Given that a brand new player can be purchased starting at around $45, it does not make sense to put that money into repairs on this one. Alternatively I would suggest the player at the link below as a replacement:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2239145/lg-1080p-smart-blu-ray-player.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=PREMIUM%20ELECTRONICS&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=99689597&CID=shopping15&gclid=Cj0KEQjw7Ne_BRDRmP2ojKfzv98BEiQAPuqPyQ-xl-F_7jPtpi8uq--9x0e0StFtPqY170fBJubwvJUaAhSF8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMbg-77Oxs8CFVODaQodT3sIZw

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks I don't want a contract with you how to get out of it. I will give you a 5 star rating if you tell me how to do that. Suzanne
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.