Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I just purchased a Uniden 980SSB cb side band radio. I need

Customer Question
a good matching magnetic mount...
I just purchased a Uniden 980SSB cb side band radio. I need a good matching magnetic mount anttena.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/6/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

Congratulations on your radio purchase.

K40 has a good reputation for quality antennas, including magnetic mount style. I have a link to an Amazon listing for one such antenna that might suit your needs.

Click Here --> http://amzn.to/2dN7DdG

I also have a link to a "search" I did for "magnetic mount cb antenna" on Amazon, that will show you a wider selection.

Click Here for Search Results --> http://amzn.to/2dwMWPN

NOTE: You MAY be able to find similar choice in your local area, depending on what electronics or CB shops you have around.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What I'm looking for is a antenna that I can buy,hook up & go with .I've been to amazon granger & shakespear antennas. I need a antenna that will match the specs of the cb
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need a specific model type that matches my radio

Hi again,

What specification are you referring to?

I only ask because the MAIN CONCERNS for ANY antenna system is that it is matched for the frequencies used and the power rating for the radio(s) to be used with it.

Hi again,

I see your call request and can call you in a few minutes (have to reach a phone).

OK - I tried to accept you call request, but see a "payment failure" on my end. This may be caused by needing a large deposit or clearing a "security check" with your bank.

We can also continue our conversation here - in this text/chat format.

Please let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll use a different credit card

NOTE: I've been working with CB (and amateur band) radios for more than 20 years, so feel free to ask any related questions.

Let me send a call request from my side - as that may be easier for you to accept than to have to re-issue on your side.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer