Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Door open sign when door closed. apparently something broke.

Customer Question
hp psc 1300 series all-in-one...
door open sign when door closed. apparently something broke. hp psc 1300 series all-in-one model#q3500a serial s/nMY39CBF0JZ.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Q3500A
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: REMOVED PAPER JAM ANDSTOPPED WORKING
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: IS IT WORTH FIXING AND WHAT MODEL SHOULD GIVE SIMIALER SERVICE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What happens if you press down firmly on the door? Does the door open sign go out?

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.