Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How to fix error 501, HP ProBook Got it reconditioned. Have

Customer Question
How to fix error 501 JA...
How to fix error 501
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: HP ProBook Got it reconditioned. Have had it about 4 years. Not sure of age.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today. Got message when I turned it on: "HP BIOS application is corrupt or missing. Please install app and try again"
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does anything appear on the screen of your ProBook, *before* the message about "HP BIOS application" comes up ? this is an important detail.

The HP logo should appear, at least - but, does anything else? before the HP BIOS application message.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.