John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have an optoma hd141x that flashes blue and purple led

Customer Question

hi! I have an optoma hd141x that flashes blue and purple led fault. I put a new bulb in it but no change. I know the new one works as I have two 141xs and tested the new bulb in both projectors. Any idea what this fault means or how to fix it? Thanks!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello Your Optima HD141X has 3 LED's, and according to it's specs, they can each flash *****, ***** OR RED. (No purple outlined anywhere).

So, I need to know which of the three are blinking and what colors they are blinking (On/Standby----Temp----Lamp).

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi! I'll double check.. it's just the middle one though for sure....mainly blue but purple or maybe red but more purple... will double check right now though...
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay that sounds good, let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I also need to know what the status of the On/Standby light is - whether it's Amber/Green or Flashing Amber or Green.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
stays pretty solid blue and then turns pink or purple... depends on the angle I look at it though... i guess it's not really flashing... but blue and sort of changes to pink/purple...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the standby l.e.d. is the one I'm looking at by the way... the other two leds do not light up at all...