1. On a working computer (or on a tablet or smartphone), click on the website below:
2. Then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next at the bottom.
3. Then in the first box, type in the gmail email address as shown on the problematic Acer Aspire One computer.
4. Then in the second box, type in the characters as shown on the page.
5. Then click on Next at the bottom. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Microsoft account password
, then try that password ***** the problematic computer.
- If that does not work, and if you'd like to reset the computer fresh, then please do the following:
- At the password ***** login screen on the problematic computer, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
- When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
- When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
- When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.
When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,