Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Looping for à cable, 1 765 121 11 sony SEN R5520, Looking on

Customer Question
Looping for à cable JA: What's...
Looping for à cable
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 1 765 121 11 sony SEN R5520
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Looking on Google but cant find iT anywhere
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ty
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/15/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What cable are you looking for? A speaker cable? Power cord?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Power cord i think
ITS a cable which Goes from THE woofer to THE hifi installation
The power comes from THE subwoofer

Okay so you want the system cable from the main unit to the sub

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Excactly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Called 17 pins cable?

I can confirm that the part number is###-##-#### however that part is not available anywhere.

This is a 10+ year old system, all parts were discontinued in 2007, so the only option would be finding a used one, or having a new cord custom fabricated, which would not be feasible. You could buy a new system for less than you'd spend to have a cord made up. I'd recommend setting up a search alert for the###-##-####part number on ebay.

Other than that, your best option would be to either use the system without the sub, or to replace the entire system. This model is well past its service life anyway, so I'd hesitate to invest much in it at this point. If you wanted to have one made up, I can get you a pinout diagram if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer