Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a cable box hooked up to a pioneer av receiver

Hi. I have a cable...
Hi. I have a cable box hooked up to a pioneer av receiver sending this signal to a Pyle projector. I get a Picture in HD no problem but no sound. Receiver is running two small speaker for audio. Any idea how I can get sound. Thanks.
9/15/2016
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Which model pioneer do you have? How is the cable box connected?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey. Quick!VSX 819H receiver
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
PRJAND615 Pyle projector

Thanks,

how is the cable box connected to the pioneer, and how is the projector connected as well?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HDMI on both

Can you tell me which port specifically is used on the back of the pioneer, from the box?
What do you see on the pioneer display currently?
Does the pioneer give sound for any other input, even radio?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cable box HDMI to tv/sat IN on receiver. HDMI out to Pyle projector.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Display is on tv\sat. I switched to tuner and radio comes thru fine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think it's a setting on the projector maybe but I can't find anything and manual kinda sucks.

It's not the projector, but it may be a receiver setting,

go into the pioneer menu, under audio,

and we're looking for the Audio Out (amp assign) function, if it is set to THRU, that is the problem, change it to amp/receiver mode instead

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K. One second. I'm slow. Sorry

No problem, take your time.

In the AUDIO menu it may be listed as HDMI, and set it to AMP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Son of a!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nice

That did the trick?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yuppers. Thanks!

Great, glad that worked for you. Enjoy the big screen!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do! Cheers Nathan.