Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How can restore factory settings on Midland 1100 GTX radio?

Customer Question
JA: What's the make/model of...
how can restore factory settings on Midland 1100 GTX radio?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 1 yr old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: model gxt 1100
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: trying to undo privacy, VOX and group settings
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/12/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device(s).

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the device(s) you are working with?

I only ask because the closest model I can find to "1100" is the "1000/1050" models.

If what you have is actually the GTX 1000 series of radios, there is really no "factory reset". BUT, you CAN go through the menu system and turn OFF (or otherwise change) each of the settings.

Let me send you a link to the FULL manual for the GTX 1000 series units, just in case that is what you have. Then you can try to turn OFF some of the settings and get the units programmed the way you want them.

Click Here --> http://midlandusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/GXT1000-Owners-Manual1.pdf

NOTE: there is a "Quick Reference Chart" on page 10 of that manual, that might be helpful in navigation through the menu system.

For example, it looks like to get to the "Privacy" settings, the Group Mode needs to be turned OFF.

Please let me know if you have any trouble seeing that manual, or if that does not work with your units.

And please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer