Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a pioneer sc25 in a 7.1 surround setup. Sounds ok

Customer Question

I have a pioneer sc25 in a 7.1 surround setup. Sounds ok until I hear a loud noise or a loud explosion in surround then the right side speaker sound distorts and the cabinet of same speaker sounds like it's going to rattle apart. It's worth noting that the speaker is an Optimus lx5 and i'm using 12 guage speaker cable.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You can try adjusting the bass sound level settings to help prevent this distortion.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it was a gratuitous bass problem wouldn't the left side have the same problem as well?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

There may be a slight imbalance between the left and right side so I'd like to try this simple solution first before we progress...