educatortech
educatortech,
46856550

I have a #x055 model....safe wont open....yellow light is

Customer Question

I have a #x055 model....safe wont open....yellow light is appearing....but batteries are inside safe
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  educatortech replied 1 year ago.
The first step in this is to ensure that the batteries are fresh. You would not believe how many times that it the issue as, if the batteries are low, then the safe will not have enough power to move the metal bars in the safe to release.  It is often not unusual for the low battery alert to not show, especially if a non-lithium battery is being used.I always recommend that you use lithium batteries (as opposed to alkaline) as they are made for electronics and keep their constant charge till the end. Alkaline batteries lose power over time and, even though they may show they still have power, are weaker than needed.If you have a round combination area, turn from the 12pm to 2pm position and remove the front of the battery area. Replace the batteries then replace the cover by turning from the 2 pm to 12 pm position. Try to open again as normal.If you have a rectangular area, use a pen tip or a paperclip to push in on the button in the lower rectangular area. While pushing it in, slide off the front cover to expose the batteries. Replace the batteries and then replace the cover. Try again to open.Reply back if you have any issue or it does not solve your problem. If this gets the safe open for you, be sure to rate/submit my response when satisfied so that I receive credit for my help today.:-)