Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I bought the Garmin Vivofit2 because of its heart rate

Customer Question

I bought the Garmin Vivofit2 because of its heart rate monitor function. However, the device was not paired with the chest strap already like the manual said, and I cannot find a way to pair it currently.
Also, the Garmin Connect for the computer is not loading at all, and the mobile app states that there is an error everytime I try to pull up the devices settings page.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Rebecca,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

1. First, make sure you have the correct time zone / daylight savings time setting enabled. Sometimes an incorrectly set time can cause pairing problems.

2. Try pairing the Vivofit2 with a different phone to help determine if the problem is with the Garmin device or just with your phone.

3. The easiest to pair the HRM is if you are paired with a smartphone, then using Garmin Connect Mobile, you can access the device settings and simply turn on the HEART RATE screen.

Once you make these changes, you will need to SYNC the Vivofit2 so that the changes can be applied to the device. Now, simply press the button on your Vivofit2 to switch to the HEART screen. It should pair and display your heart rate when you are wearing the strap.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------