Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I just bought a new safe and have the key but did not know

Customer Question

i just bought a new safe and have the key but did not know on the dile i had to use the combination and put it in the safe and locked it now been trying to get ahold of sentry safe co. to get the combo for over to weeks now to no avail! do all the same safes like mine come straight from the factory with the same dial combo. to start out with.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2 weeks trying to get ahold of them and no reply back what so ever
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tryd to remember the dial combo but just glanced at it no good
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Each individual safe has a specific combination assigned at manufacture, they are not all the same and are not interchangeable. Contacting sentry over the phone or online will not yield any results. Specific steps and forms are required.

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here: https://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have said earlier I have already done all of that and received no answere for over 2 weeks now! Why would you take my money and tell me what I told you first??
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You noted you had been trying to reach them, which I took to mean calling them or emailing them, neither of which will receive a response.

You have to follow through this complete and specific process.

Did you mail the form in? Was it notarized? Was payment provided?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already had it notarized by my bank faxed it off showed them my receipt call them paid the money still I was waiting for almost 2 weeks actually a little over as Friday would have been the second week I have not heard back from them at all whatsoever so I am at my Wit's End and did not know what to do.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I certainly understand your frustration,

how was the payment made? Did you mail a check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir I paid the deposit with a debit card my debit card. It is a 100% satisfaction guaranteed company is that correct? If you would have been able to help me which I definitely understand it would be very difficult to do as all combinations are different I would have been more than happy to pay the Dukes as I am dissatisfied will I receive my money back? Thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is not at all what I am referring to.

I am an independent tech, working here on my own personal time trying to help you (you have not paid me anything, only the site).

I am asking how you paid sentry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will be site says my $19 has been charged now the site says it is charging me another $24 for this not only is this unreasonable unfair I'm lonely but I will turn it in to the Better Business Bureau if these monies are not refunded to my account immediately. I have nothing against you if you are just a worker I totally understand the company is ripping me off and I do know my ride's here. So if you would please inform them and as obviously it is too hard to get ahold of them through the internet even on their home site. These will be fraudulent charges and I will press charges against the company if it is not made correct. Thank you have a nice weekend
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Again, I'm simply trying to help you, and to work through the conversation here to do that. I believe I can help you, but this is a conversation, I don't have a magic wand and I can't help without communicating with you back and forth. No one is trying to rip you off, I'm responding to the request where you solicited my services here.

Yes, you paid your fee to the site, per the agreed upon terms. If you want me to help you, please set aside your concerns about the charge for a moment so we can address the actual issue.

If you want to stop and cancel, you would need to go to the help page and request that from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize I am not saying the company or anyone else is trying to rip me off I am very frustrated with Sentry Safe Company not you people I was referred to your company from a couple of my friends that's why I am using it today. I hope to use it in the future if I need Electronic Help then I am a little frustrated because I did not speak as clearly as I should as to what I have already taken care of and faxing them the information notarized so on and so forth I apologize if I was rude I am just asking for a refund. And again I apologize
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I do understand your frustration. If you don't wish to continue, go to the help page on this site and you may cancel/refund from there.

If you want to continue on, reply back here to work with me.

Thanks,