Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a JVC xv thc4 unit and would like to hook up a

Customer Question
phonograph turn table to it...
I have a JVC xv thc4 unit and would like to hook up a phonograph turn table to it. I lost my manual and would like to know if this unit can be used to play records.
Thanks
Bob Martin
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/29/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

First, I have the manual for you here if you need it Bob

http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/3/31390f1c-9697-4c14-a5b4-d704c826c62c.pdf

Regarding your question, it has Composite (red and white) inputs from an external source, so if your Phonograph has this is can be connected. You see this on page 13 of the manual

If your not sure if your Phonograph has this, tell me the make and model of it and I can check this for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
II have a Technics turn table SLBD22-1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Technics turn table SBLD22-1 If this will worl what do I dial up on the JVC remote?

yes it will

Here is the manual

http://data.manualslib.com/pdf4/80/7937/793649-technics/slbd22.pdf?c1c6c5b81a13e0035feaa645211e7224

Page 3 you see the connection from the composite ports on the Turntable to the JVC (page 13 of the manual I gave)

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service