educatortech
educatortech,
46856550

I have had my Sentrysafe A5889 since 2005. One day it would

Customer Question

I have had my Sentrysafe A5889 since 2005. One day it would not open with my code. After a few days, I was able to open it by sticking a paper clip into the hole at the bottom of the battery cover. Then, I was able to open and close the safe again with my code. However, I was not able to put back the battery lid on the batteries. It worked for two months; then it stopped opening again. I have not been able to open it since then.
I changed the batteries, and I tried programming it for user code and user pin, according to instructions in my manual. It did not work
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  educatortech replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg. When reading this the first thing I see is that it might be corrosion on the connections. Take a Q-Tip and dip into rubbing alcohol and clean the metal connections to the batteries. Then try putting in new lithium batteries and see if that will work.