Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I cannot get my door button to work? Serial No. 6f35180963

Customer Question
I cannot get my door...
I cannot get my door button to work?
Serial No. 6f35180963
Model NN79455
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Marjorie,

Unfortunately the model number you gave does not come up in the system.

However I expect this is a microwave oven, correct?

If the child lock is off but the door won't open then there is a problem with the mechanism and it will require a repair.

First, unplug the unit before any work is carried out.

Remove all the screws in the metal sides - you may need a special screwdriver for this, depending on the model.

Once the metal sides are removed, you can manually release the door from the inside.

If the latch was simply stuck, it may need some oil to help it move freely again.

If the latch mechanism is broken, it will require a repair.

-----

If you are unable to carry out this repair work yourself, let me know your zip code and I can advise a repairer in your area, or alternatively you can return it to Walmart to see if they can help.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated:)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Electronics Technician: dianne-cssm,
 replied 1 year ago
dianne-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/9tkpw-cannot-door-button-work-serial-no-6f35180963.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Pete, Electronic Engineer