Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Tdk a34 that will not power up. The power light and

Customer Question

I have a Tdk a34 that will not power up. The power light and 3 volume level lights keep on flashing! Is there a reset for this problem!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi Ricky,

If the speaker is not turning on after a full charge then it likely has a faulty battery.

This can be fixed by replacing the battery.

Here is the guide on how to replace the battery:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/TDK+Life+on+Record+Trek+Max+A34+Battery++Replacement/52862

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Not it, that's the first thing that I did. It is in a protected mode and by the power and 2 volume lights flashing be able to diagnose what the problem is. That procedure is found on a lot of electrical components nowadays. I am not sure if the consumer can do it or it has to be sent to an authorized repair shop.
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Ok, protected mode is usually caused when a short is detected which could damage the system.

This will be an internal problem that cannot be fixed by the consumer, so it must be returned to TDK:

http://www.tdk.com/americas_contact.php

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if you find my answer useful so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated:)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am now asking if someone else would take s shot at finding a way to get my Tdk a34 to work properly. It powers up just fine and two volume light are on but is stuck there. It will not do anything else.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ricky,

There is no way to fix this fault without specialist diagnostic test equipment and spare parts.

Do you have these available to carry out the repair yourself?