Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I'm unable to sync my Garmin 220 to my Galaxy S5 phone since

Customer Question
Hello: I'm unable to...
Hello: I'm unable to sync my Garmin 220 to my Galaxy S5 phone since updates over the weekend...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is probable that, if your Galaxy's updates included an update to Bluetooth functino, then that update may have erased or altered the Bluetooth settings on your phone, so that it cannot connect (or maybe even, so it cannot pair) to your Garmin 220.

Try setting up the Bluetooth connection to the Gamin from scratch, and that may allow a connection to the Garmin from your Galaxy S5.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had to update the Garmin app, so, I figured it out myself. Basically I wasted $24.

It is good that a solution was found.

I think that updating the Garmin app may have been prompted by my advice, to set up the Bluetooth connection from scratch.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com. I assure you that money spent here was not wasted, and must ask whether there is anything else I can do for you that might convince you that it was not?

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.