Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

How do I do a factory reset on an Iphone %5s?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your iPhone 5s currently working? Or is there any issue with it?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Sorry it took me so long. I did a reset settings on it. (I thought it was something different lol) and it just needs to be redone but I dont remember any of my info so I cant get very far and would just like to factory reset it if possible. Also will i lose my contacts and photos?

That's okay. So now, if you turn on your iPhone, what is showing?

Do you mean you cannot log in your iPhone now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says hello. And then switches languages and I have tio slide it to get it over to pick language. I can get up to the apps and data page. I tried to set up as a new iphone but i dont remember any of my informatiom.

What kind of information it is asking for, such as Apple ID password, etc.? And/or Wi-Fi / wireless password, etc.?

Do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked a couple people and they told me to go to itunes or ask the technical support to dgive directions to do a factory rest.

Is this a new iPhone or was it working fine previously?

I can walk with you through the steps. Did you connect the iPhone to a computer previously? Did you use the iTunes program on the computer previously?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The initial page has 4 options; restore from cloud, restore from itunes, set up as new phone, and move data from android with an > to go forward.

Thank you for the information. I can walk with you through the steps.

Did you connect the iPhone to a computer previously? Did you use the iTunes program on the computer previously?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working just fine until last night. I did a reset settings thinking it was something else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive had it since the middle of May.

OK. Did you connect the iPhone to any computer previously?

And/or did you use the iTunes program on the computer previously?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I'm using my brother's computer and i just hooked the phone up to it.

Don't connect iPhone to computer. Now, please select option Restore from iCloud, then let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's plugged into the modem now.

Please disconnect the iPhone from computer. Now, please select option Restore from iCloud on the iPhone, then let me know what it shows next. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. I unplugged it. It asks for my apply id but i dont remember it

Thank you. Your Apple ID is your email address. Now, to reset your Apple password, please click on the website below:

https://iforgot.apple.com

, then there, enter your email address, then click on Continue and follow the instructions there in order to reset your Apple password.

- If there is any issue, please let me know the exact email address (or part of the email address) currently showing on the iPhone's screen.)

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesnt have continue until I put in a password ***** then it says next

Please follow my steps first:

1. Your Apple ID is your email address. Now, to reset your Apple password, please click on the website below on the computer:

https://iforgot.apple.com

2. Then you can enter the password ***** the iPad and Next.

Or if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix your Apple ID password ***** then you can enter it on your iPhone. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the brand / model of the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She thinks its a windows 7. The computer monitor is a compaq FS7600. And the tower is

I'm sorry; I'm not available now. Can we continue later or tomorrow?

Also, have you tried my suggestion yet on the computer?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much later? I tried to do the rest thing but it didnt seem to work. Ill keep trying and keep checking back here periodically.

I'm sorry. Are you available now? If not, can we continue any time tomorrow afternoon / evening?

- Also, what is exact email address (or part of the email address) currently showing on the iPhone's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.