Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

No display but I have backlight radio still works as reading

Customer Question
no display but I have...
no display but I have backlight radio still works as reading this seems to be common this is the second radio that was put in
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just got the bike out today for the 1st time in a year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none yet just got on google
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

What is the make and model number of the radio?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
harmon Kardon am-fm-cd-nav-xm-cb. its in my 06 HD motocycle.

A blank display could happen for any number of reasons - faulty display, loose cable, etc.

I would suspect the display cable may have come loose inside the radio since there is likely to be a certain amount of vibration on the motorcycle. If possible the radio should be cushioned to prevent engine vibrations affecting it.

You could try opening the radio and checking the display ribbon cable connection yourself, or get a local electronics repair shop to check it for you.

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer is helpful so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer