Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Combination not working, wfe has brain cancer doc gave her 6

Customer Question
combination not working JA: The expert...
combination not working
JA: The expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the expert can help you best.
Customer: wfe has brain cancer doc gave her 6 to 7 wks to live told us at roswell canser hospital on 12th
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: combination dialnow inoperable see insids of doorfor activation instrution
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago
Cerecita

Hello and thank you for your question.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news about your wife. My best thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Can you tell me who is the manufacturer of your safe? Is it a Sentry or other brand? Also, what is the model number and does it have a 3 or 4 number combination?

Does it also need a key to open, in conjunction with the combination?

When you say the combination dial is inoperable, do you mean it doesn't move at all, when you try to turn it?

Are you 100% sure of the combination?

Thanks for all your additional information.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Electronics Technician: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello again,

Please do not open any additional questions about this problem. I have received and responded to your question, to get some additional information.

If you did not receive my 'information request,' please let me know and I will resend.

Electronics Technician: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello again,

I have not heard back from you, so I will send an answer now, and, if you need any additional information, just click 'reply.'

If your safe is manual/dial, here are the dialing sequences for the 3 and 4 number combination, as perhaps this is the problem:

First, 'clear' the combination by turning the dial a few times to the left or right; just be gentle--you don't want to break the dial.

3 number combination:

A. Start the dial at zero.

B. Turn the dial to the left. Make sure ZERO
passes the pointer at least THREE times. Then stop
at the first number of your combination.

C. Turn the dial to the right. Stop the SECOND
time you reach the second number of your
combination.

D. Turn the dial to the left. Stop the FIRST
time the pointer reaches the third number of your
combination.

------------------------------

Clear the dial

4 number combination

Turn the dial to zero.

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) four times to the first number of the combination (pass the first number of your combination three times, stopping on it the fourth time).

Turn the dial to the right (clockwise), three times to the second number of the combination (pass your second number twice, stopping on it the third time).

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) two times to the third number of the combination (pass the third number of your combination one time, stopping on it the second time).

Turn the dial to the right to the last number (stop the first time on your last number).

-------------------

I hope this helped. If you have an electronic combination key pad, please let me know and I will give you further instructions.

Also, if you do have a dial, and it refuses to move, spray some liquid graphite or WD-40 to help loosen it up.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Cerecita
Cerecita
Cerecita