Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Storm knocked out power...still off. Gemini alarm not hooked

Customer Question

Storm knocked out power...still off. Gemini alarm not hooked up with alarm company but went off. I hit reset but it rang for several min then stopped. It almost 1 a.m. here...if lights comr back on how do i turn it all off? I have no codes no tools...68 yr old lady alone
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Once you have acknowledged the trouble and reset the alarm, it should not go off again.

Let me know if your issue is now resolved.

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was not helpful at all. First, I indicated that I had tried the reset button to no avail. Because I do not have any code for this alarm, I could not "acknowledge" the problem - if that's what he means by "acknowledge." I tried several 800 numbers and also read the online manual on this model by flashlight before I tried you. I feel like my $24 was a total waste of money and I won't be using your service again. Besides, when it's 1 a.m. in a TX thunderstorm and the alarm is blasting thru the neighborhood, getting a response like this the next day is a joke.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS I still have to call someone to figure this out because it's still blinking and the trouble light is still on.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The reset button does not reset the alarm - you can only do this by entering the code.

Let me know if you still need any assistance with this.

Pete.